- 6-12 slices of fresh Florida watermelon
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Mint Oil:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 20-25 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- Balsamic Syrup
- 1 ½ cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons natural Florida sugar
- Arrange slices of watermelon on individual plates or a large platter.
- Drizzle small amounts of mint oil and balsamic syrup over the watermelon slices.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese to the top of the sliced melon.
- Serve cold.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Balsamic Vinegar Syrup
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine vinegar and sugar.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and turn down heat so the vinegar won't boil over.
- Continue to cook for about 20 minutes until the syrup coats the back of a spoon.
- You should end up with about 1/3 of a cup of syrup.
- Let cool to room temperature.