- 1/4 medium-sized watermelon, seeds and rind removed
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 loaf crusty bread, sliced thin
- olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Crumble chilled goat cheese into a small bowl.
- Lightly mix cheese and chopped mint.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Cut bread into 8 small slices and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast bread slices until golden brown and crispy on top.
- Let bread cool slightly.
- Spread cheese mixture on the top of each slice of bread.
- Cut watermelon slices into fun shapes and layer watermelon on top of cheese.
- Lightly season the top of the sandwiches with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.